Monday, January 15, 2018

Poem ~ Unfinished Whatever's ~ NL ~ 14

Unfinished Whatever's By: Naomi Lea

Whatever is- When is it due?
I’ve got room on my plate.
 My schedule is open.
I’ll find a date.

Whatever is- You need it tomorrow?
I’ll squeeze it in,
I can move things around
It’s no problem, again.

Whatever is- Oh, that looks cool!
I’ll just watch for a minute.
Three hours fly by
 Like time is infinite.

Whatever is- Wait, hold on a second.
Why can’t I focus?
All’s moving so fast
Like I’ve no central locus.
My mind can’t affix
  On anything true,
Or noble or pure,
 For that matter, too.

Whatever is- No, put it down.
Whatever is- Just stand your ground!
Whatever is true.
See, that wasn’t so hard.
What’s something true?

Whatever is- Stop.
Do not deflect
The will of the Spirit
To search and inspect
 Your heart and your mind
 For you know it’ll find
Things that are not pure
Or lovely or kind.

Whatever is true, noble, right,
 Pure, lovely, admirable,
Excellent, and praiseworthy.
This is the fight.
All I bring to the table
 Is my ship un-seaworthy;
My armor all rusted,
 My sword disused,
And my helm unadjusted.
 How can I win
With no special power?
I’ve no offensive attacks
 Or defensive towers.

Whatever is- Wait!
What is the source?
Yes, the great book.
That’s it of course!
There is a way through
That’s not on my own
But led by them
Who’ve carved and mown
Paths I can follow
Through the words of Him
Who inspired them all
To heed the call
To follow to the end.

And now, finally- It’s time to end these unfinished whatever’s
And move along to better endeavors
To put down myself and lay at His feet
And learn what is good
From the one I will meet
Again, in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment